Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thing #5

Added a flickr badge to the lower right hand corner of the main page -- another addition to the gadget collection. Photography is one of those mediums that has done really well in the digital age.

As easy as it is to load photos from a digital camera into flickr, I like that you can take a shoebox full of old family snapshots, scan them in and archive them someplace. In the old days, you would always fear that if the negative was lost, reproducing and sharing a photo would be problematic.

I was at a family reunion in 2007 where ALOT of photos were taken -- rather than try and load them all into a site like flickr, all the photos were loaded on a flash drive, and the flash drive was passed around. I actually added a couple of photos from the reunion into my flickr photostream, but I wouldn't want them all there.

flickr's free account has some limitations which they remind you about every time you log on.

No comments:

Post a Comment